Monday, May 23, 2011

Summertime album May 2011

This week at Betty Bee's Buzz Monday Motivational I showed how to make a lunchbag album to do something for Summertime - Living is EASY! This challenge is dedicated to summer and my youngest grandson, Jackson. Judy Ford

When I asked Jackson what plans he had in mind for his summertime he had lots of Ideas! He wants to have an adventure at the zoo, he wants to play in the sunshine, he wants to play at the lake, go fishing , and tube behind Grandpa's boat, he wants to make smores.

I used 3 white lunchbags for the summertime album. First I sewed down the bottom to make pockets. Then I alternated the openings of the bags and sewed them together in the center to make the book.

It could be secured with staples or punched and weave ribbons thru..

You could make it bigger with more bags.

I used All About Boys paper stack for his zoo adventure pages. The insert is 4 3/4x4 3/4 cardstock with a double image for the tab..


I used the Life's a Beach Cricut Expression Cartridge.

Several of the title words worked well for Jackson's summer wish list.

His lake page is one of the pockets. I cut the 5x5 paper at 2 7/8 for the pocket cover and lined up the rest of the sheet for behind the pullout.
I used my drippy goo punch on the edge for a pull out.

This pullout cardstock was about 4 1/2x 3 1/2 -whatever size accommodates your stitching.
Another of the pocket pages I used the Paperdoll cartridge for his smores experience. I used my ant border punch for the edge of this pull out. We can use it for journaling or pictures.

This is his heatwave page - IF it ever gets warm in Michigan we'll have a page ready for the pictures.... this will probably stay blank...hahahahaha


Jackson loves fishing with his Grandpa.
I did two page inserts with fishy tabs - 1 coming - 1 going
for all his fish trophy pictures!
You can add any number of inserts for the bag opening side.


This is the album open. I used Rubons from my stash for his name.


I might add some twine or ribbon tied around the middle.

he could practice his bow tieing that way for school.


It's pretty bright already so not sure I want to girly it up with more stuff....

This is a closer view of the front with his name from rubons. I used two porpoise images sandwiched together for the tab.... "all porpoise" page?

This is the back of his lunchbag album.


I'm thinking he can take it to kindergarten with him in the fall.


Ok so now it's your turn...So what are you planning for your summer????

try making this album, it's easy and small enough to carry along as a brag book!

Link up with Betty Bee's Buzz and let us see your summertime project!

No comments:

Post a Comment