Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Betty Bee's Buzz Honey Bee showcase Pinwheels June 2011

Every Wednesday at Betty Bee's Buzz is Honey Bee Showcase. This is when the Honey Bees are given the opportunity to do their version of the Monday Motivational. This week was PINWHEELS!!! oooooooo summmer and running with a pinwheel in your hand or sticking it out the window in the car to see the colors whirl and whirl.... sigh such great memories....





Here is my version of pinwheels for a card... I went back to my quilting roots and dug into my old patterns and books. This quilting pattern is called PINWHEELS.


This card is custom cut to 5 1/4 x 5 1/4in.


I used the bee stamp from Nature Walk set by Stampin UP. I randomly stamped bees over two different colored background sheets of cardstock. Then I used my 1 1/4" square punch and punched out 8 squares of each color. (You could use your papercutter and make the squares any size you wanted for your project....) then I cut point to point across the squares to make triangles. These I reassembled in the pinwheel pattern on a square background piece. I later trimmed this square to be even...


I added a Betty Bee Bow Maker BEEutiful Bow. Some stick pins I made out of shrinky dink material. I little splash of glitter on the stick pin wings and tada.... Just BEE Cuz Card is done!!!





let me know what you think and go check out Betty Bee's Buzz for the other Honeybees versions of the Monday Motivational.... then link up with your pinwheel project and let's see your pinwheel!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment