Monday, June 6, 2011

Betty Bee's Buzz Monday Motivational Chevrons June 6, 2011

Betty Bee's Buzz Monday Motivational is CHEVRONS. By definition a chevron is an inverted V shaped pattern. Chevrons date back as far as Ancient History in early art forms including designs on pottery and rock carvings. Ssssoooo I went to check out my paper stock. Much to my surprise, and even more to my husband's SHOCK, I didn't find one zig zag paper in the whole bunch! Judy Ford


So i thought what would Queen Betty do.... since dh said no to retail therapy...


so I thought outside the box - square - angles - and .....tada


squares cut on an angle would be V shapes - Arrow heads are V shape!!!

so using my paper trimmer I cut the black and white square paper from point to point. This even square shape was easier to see the chevrons than on the uneven square paper.


I did find some metallic silver cardstock in my stash for the background
I used a Thrinchie that I made for a swap at the Cricut board

and wha la...... a Chevron card is born.



this next card I made for my son-in-law Joseph Poling. He is married to my oldest daughter Jennifer and is Dad to my two grandsons Brock and Jackson.


I tease him unmercifully about all the hats he owns. it's like a buzzillion, ok maybe 1/2 that...


BUT he is a good DAD and wears lots of hats in his family


Dad, Husband, Son, bowler, golfer, race enthusiast... just to name a few...


The inside of the card reads:


Happy Father's Day


to a great Dad


that wears many hats....



Now you give it a try.... check out your paper stash... or think outside the box...


rick rack??? flying geese quilt pattern??? something else????


Link up with Betty Bee's Buzz and show us your chevrons.


Wednesday will be the Honeybee showcase to see what the


rest of the hive comes up with for their projects.


Geometry never was so much fun!


Thanks!!!













No comments:

Post a Comment