Tuesday, July 26, 2011

City Crafter Challenge #67 July 2011

Welcome to my blog!

Judy FordI am having so much fun finding all sorts of card challenges!

Today's card is for the challenge at


Vintage Garden

I thought of this stamp immediately!

I was fortunate to find it at a

Betty Brett Swarm - Stash Sale

Also thanks to Betty Bee's copics classes I have the confidence to tackle such a large stamp.


Tip: when stamping these big stamps put your paper on a foam sheet or stack of cardstock. The extra cushion helps to get a clean all over stamp! Another tip from Betty is to use Georgia Pacific cardstock. Nice and smooth for good images!

I used an exactknife to cut the lady away from the background.

My original plan was to just mount her on black cardstock

and use my scissors to do a shadow cut around...

then I thought vintage and went into my quilting stash

and found this pretty lace piece.

I'm pleased with the way she turned out!

Thanks for looking!

Check out City Crafter and see what the other papercrafter did for their version

of the challenge #67!


I need some other challenges that start on Monday, Thursday and Saturday

let me know if you have one!!!




6 comments:

  1. Hi Judy,
    What a beautiful card, love the image and how you colored her the lace is fantastic. Great work.

    Happy Tuesday
    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very colorful! Good luck with the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and unique, your coloring skill is wonderful, thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done and so very vibrant ... thank you for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing.. Your coloring is wonderful.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So LOVELY!!! Love the added lace! Thank you so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete