Friday, April 1, 2011

Baby Card Challenge for Betty Bee's Buzz April 4, 11





these are my 2 cards for the Baby Card challenge at Betty Bee's Buzz. Betty has a gorgeous granddaughter and another on the way shortly! so we are all a-buzz about b-babies!!! Honeybee Courtney did an adorable shaped onesies card and then challenged us for extra points to include a onesies in our card or project.


So card #1 is a onesies from my Expression Cartridge Life's a Beach. For background a used a cuttlebug heart embossing folder in pealized blue color. The onesies is on a 3" black square that I punched Martha Stewart Heart corners. Then at a garage sale... in the FREE bin... I found this handmade lace. The lady took rickrack and wound it together to make the center section then hand crocheted the top edge and bottom shell borders!!! it's very cool in person!!! She said they used to put them on pillow cases!!!


For Card #2 - I used my Life's a Party Cartridge. I did Iris folding for the giraffe's tummy after blocking out his neck, legs and tail.... I used my copics to highlight the head.... I'm thinking I might redo it with a iris fold or blockin out too... not sure I like the yellow head floating above the body... what do you think???


I put the Solid Giraffe on the inside and tied a lavender ribbon at the fold!









Thanks for looking! Hug your babies! even if they're grown, every day let someone know how special they are to you!!!


Check out Betty Bee's Buzz for other great cards and ideas!



Judy Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment