Saturday, March 26, 2011

Jingle Belles Rock Fri March 25 - the holly and the ivy



this is my card for this week's Jingle Belles Rock Fri Mar 25, 2011. This week's Christmas card must incorporiate holiday foliage. I used the Cuttlebug Snow Dots folder for my background. A holly wreath from my Expression cartridge, which I highlighted with my copic markers. Then I popped up with dimensionals, a sweet little house mouse with a bow on her head, also colored with my copic markers. I took classes on copics from Betty Brett at Betty Bee's Buzz, she is a wonderful and patient teacher if you are in Central Fla (or she says she will travel). I think I'm starting to get the hang of the shading and shadows. I thought about adding glitter to the bows or maybe to the snow dots in the background.... what do you think???
I also did a Cuttlebug embossing Holly leaf folder. I colored with my copics. I need to check with others and see how they get such great pictures. This one is too light... but it's pouring rain outside and the flash just melts away the colors. I used the bow maker that Betty Brett's son made. It's great! Lauren, there's glitter on the berries but that doesn't sparkle much in this picture either!
Thanks for looking!




9 comments:

  1. well, i think miss betty must be an awfully good coloring teacher b/c i actually thought, "cool mouse sticker! i wonder where judy got that?!" so there!!! as for additions to the card...not that it NEEDS anything...but i am absolutely ALWAYS in favor of glitter...and the ♥BOW♥ would be a grrrreat place for some, imo! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE House Mouse(s? Mice?)!!! Totally cute...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool little wreath ... also love that fun little bow on the mouses head ... I agree that the bow would probably be the best place if you wanted to add a bit of glittery ... thanks for joining our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE CARD!! Love the blog! I did not know you had one...Miss ya...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable card!!I think some glitter on the bow would look great, but the card looks fantastic either way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that little mouse... soooo cute!
    Have a Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! (I did the holly CB folder first, too... but I colored it with Stickles and DID NOT get the results I was looking for!) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is adorable, I think that mouse is so cute and the coloring you do is great - your teacher is quite good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that sweet little mouse. Your coloring is perfect.

    ReplyDelete