Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Twine it up March 21 Challenge Betty Bee's Buzz





This is my card for the Twists on Twine challenge at Betty Bee's Buzz . Courtney Lee challenged us to use Twine in new twists. The twine I used was Jute Twine. It started me thinking of spring and gardens and having/getting to go back to Michigan. Spring in Michigan means seeing a robin... better predictors than that ole groundhog in PA...lol. Robins will pick up all sorts of things to build their nests. I used my Stampin UP punch in brown and red, with a slight modification to give the RED RED ROBIN her bob bob bobbin red breast and a dimensional to elevate her wing. Then I put a rectangle piece thru the xyron twice so it would be sticky on both sides. Using scissors I cut out a boat/nest shape, I placed pieces of jute in random fashion to make the nest. I used the Birds and Swirls cuttlebug folder for the back ground.

Thanks for looking at my card and go check out the samples at Betty Bee's Buzz!

5 comments:

  1. love it!!! totally cool idea with twine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy! This is the cutest idea! I love the nest, and the robin is great! Thanks for sharing such a great card with us!!!
    Hugs,
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look great Judy, Thanks for sharing!
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous take on the challenge Judy!! Thank you so much for playing along at Betty Bee's Buzz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, this is so clever! Your card is simply elegant (hey, that would be a great name for a blog...heehee). I love the simplicity of your card.

    ReplyDelete